12/04/2014

Tignes seasonaire

Who would've thought it'd come true? 

About 8 years ago one of my instructors Bastian said I could become an instructor. One part of me didn't believe him back then, but the other one asked questions about what are the steps. Also I remember saying back then that I want to do a season in Val eventually. And we kept on talking about it and the thought was always somewhere with me. I knew that eventually I could do it.

And here I am today. In Tignes, starting the winter as an instructor in the area where I began skiing 14 years ago. First day up on the mountain today, a few wobbly turns after a long summer break and just minutes later I was confident and motivated. Spotted a perfectly shaped mogul run and the very same moment I knew that's where I'll be spending the day! Began the new season just where I left off the previous one. Just changed the country from Austria to France. 

A new language challenge ahead. Currently in the stage of a slightly retarded dog that understands some parts of it but can't reply anything yet. Motivated to learn, though once again to all of you complaining that French don't speak English..... Yes, they do! It must be one of those Murphy laws, when you want them to speak French they go for English and vice-verso. 

As this is a new experience for me and I'm out here all on my own I decided it's time to blog again too keep those interested updated. 

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru